Morgan Tidalgo Sukhodrev & Azzolino LLP
Call today to schedule an appointment
San Jose: 408-244-4570
San Mateo: 650-381-0467
Focused On Maintaining The Highest Level
Of Professionalism & Integrity
Staying In The Foreground Of Changing Laws

Signing a child support stipulation

Many California residents with children need to request court-ordered child support from the other parent in order to make ends meet. Individuals who have been asked to pay child support may wonder if there is a way to avoid going to court. It may be possible to avoid having to appear before a judge in court by signing a stipulation agreement.

If a custodial parent is receiving welfare benefits, a local child support agency near the place where the children reside may pursue a request for child support from the other parent. If neither parent is receiving benefits, the parent that has custody of the children may seek child support in his or her own civil case.

If the non-custodial parent agrees to pay child support, he or she can sign an agreement with the party seeking child support. A child support stipulation is an agreement stating that the non-custodial parent is, in fact, the parent of the child, he or she is willing to pay child support and provide health insurance if it is available through his or her employer and agrees to allow the court to enter an order regarding child support without appearing in court.

Any child support order requires that children be covered by health insurance. Even if it is not immediately available, the court will order both parents to provide health insurance as soon as possible.

It may be possible to contest a request to pay child support. A person who has been served with paperwork requesting child support may wish to speak with an attorney about his or her legal obligations and whether the amount of support requested can be challenged. One of the most common reasons to contest a child support request is if a person believes that the child is not biologically his or hers. A court may order that a DNA test should be conducted to answer this question.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email us for a response

Request For A Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy